Project Title:Transparent Concrete-Civil Engineering
Transparent concrete also called as translucent concrete or light transmitting concrete is
achieved by replacing aggregates with transparent alternate materials.
The bonding material in transparent concrete may be able to transmit light by using clear
resins the concrete mix. Use of optical fibers and fine concrete also used as transparent
Transparent concrete is produced by mixing 4% to 5% (by volume) optical fibers in the
concrete mixture. This concrete has less weight compared to original concrete.
The smart transparent concrete can be regarded as a “green” energy saving construction
materials it is a promising technology for field applications in civil infrastructure.
Illuminate Your Walls
• Get Creative with Design
• Transparent concrete blocks suitable for floors
• pavements and load-bearing walls
• In furniture for the decorative and aesthetic
• Light fixtures
• Light sidewalks at night
• Increasing visibility in dark subway stations
• Partitions wall and it can be used where the sunlight does not reach properly
Leave a Reply